Review - Ignite


*Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the publisher in exchange for a honest review*



Title: Ignite
Author: Erica Crouch
Release Date: June 11th 2013
Publisher: Patchwork Press

My Rating:



Penemuel (Pen) fell from grace over a millennium ago, yet there are still times she questions her decision to follow her twin brother, Azael, to Hell. Now that the archangel Michael has returned, threatening Lucifer’s vie for the throne, she begins questioning everything she has always believed.

As Hell prepares for war - spreading a demonic virus and pilfering innocent souls to build an army - the lines separating the worlds blur. Fates erase and the future is left unwritten. Azael is determined that he and his sister will continue to serve as demons together, but for the first time in her life, Pen is not ruled by destiny. She has the freedom of choice.

With choice comes sacrifice, and Pen must decide which side she’s willing to risk everything fighting for: the light, or the dark.


My Thoughts



Ignite started quite slow for me, maybe because I couldn't really see myself in any of the characters, which sometimes is what makes me fall for a book. As Michael is introduced to us and Pen starts falling for him, I became a little picky about it because I couldn't understand how someone could fall in love as fast as she did. This thoughts soon changed, since I started to relate to her. The way she denies feelings and has a problem with sharing them with other people reminded me a lot of myself. And this when the book started getting really good for me.

As I have stated somewhere in this blog I love books that involve angels and demons, and the way Erica Crouch portraits them in this book was quite perfect.

Besides the amazing plot, I particularly enjoyed the twins relationship. Azael and Pen seem to be so connected that it seems unbelieveable that they can ever be apart from eachother. The way they share thoughts, how they have been fighting together over time... It's just amazing. And towards the end of the book, their relationship becomes threatened and I just couldn't believe what was happening.

Now let's talk seriously...

The ending...Omg the ending. I could not believe what happened. I thought I was dreaming. I had to read it at least three times to make sure I wasn't imagining the words I was reading. I actually almost screamed when I got to it.

It was unbelieveable! I was waiting for a "and they lived happily ever after" kind of ending but I didn't get that. I got a "go to the corner of your room and cry because you'll only find out what happened when the next book is out next year and you will suffer until then" ending.

So damn you Erica Crouch for making such a good book.

Also Michael and Lucifer... I must read and know more about them through Erica's mind. They just seem so perfect through her eyes that if she decided to make a single book about them and how they got locked away together, I would so buy it.

Even though I loved this book, I have a few complaints about it. I got an e-book version of it and it had lots of spelling mistakes but I am sure that by now they have corrected them. Another thing was that I couldn't really see the angels and demons having wings, but this is 'Supernatural's' fault for sure. I understand it makes sense, and that these kind of biblical creatures have always been known for having wings, but in my mind they just don't work.

To sum things up, I absolutely loved this book and I will most certainly read the following one.

1 comment

  1. Hey Lii! I nominated you for the Leibster Award! Hope you accept-
    http://www.enchantedbyabook.blogspot.com/2013/10/wow-so-i-was-nominated-for-my-first.html
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete