Review - Insanity










Title: Insanity
Author: Cameron Jace
Publisher: Jawigi Publishing
Release Date: December 20th 2013

My Rating:




After accidentally killing everyone in her class, Alice Wonder is now a patient in the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum. No one doubts her insanity. Only a hookah-smoking professor believes otherwise; that he can prove her sanity by decoding Lewis Carroll's paintings, photographs, and find Wonderland's real whereabouts.

Professor Caterpillar persuades the asylum that Alice can save lives and catch the wonderland monsters now reincarnated in modern day criminals. In order to do so, Alice leads a double life: an Oxford university student by day, a mad girl in an asylum by night.

The line between sanity and insanity thins when she meets Jack Diamond, an arrogant college student who believes that nonsense is an actual science.
                                                                 




My Thoughts




I have a soft spot for fairytale retellings, especially when it comes to Alice and Snow White. This being said, I haven't had the oportunity to read that many retellings about these two, even though I have some in my 'to be read' list.

When it comes to the this particular author, I have always high expectations since I have read one of his many 'Grimm Diaries Prequels'. I believe he has a particular gift for these kind of work - retellings - and he most definitely should be more known in the industry.

Now when it comes to this particular book, one word comes to mind... SPECTACULAR! I absolutely loved it and cannot wait for what Cameron Jace as in store for Alice, in the future. I hope the next book comes very very soon.

I think it was very original of him to make the characters reincarnate in human form, in our century and make them (or most of them) serial killers of some sort. This was the vital piece that kept me hooked through the entire book.
My favorite character, you would expect, should be Alice. But I was very surprised when I realized that I became completely interested not in her, but in Professor Carter Pillar. I found him so brilliant and so funny that all I wanted to know was what he was going to do or say next. Keep in mind that this does not mean that I found this Alice poor constructed in any way. I actually found her very interesting and I can't wait to be able to read more about her.

I can't state enough how well built this book is to me. I love the fact that Lewis Carroll was inserted in the book as more than the author of 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' but also the fact that Cameron Jace took the time to investigate about Lewis and his past in order to insert him in the book.

All in all this book as made its way to my favorites.

4 comments

  1. Loved the review! Thank u. I secretly love Carter Pillar too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thank you for stopping by! Carter Pillar is the best!

      Delete
  2. I just got done reading Splintered by A.G. Howard and now I've been on an Alice kick! I'll have to read this one. I was debating about buying it but it sounds really good so I'll have to order it on amazon! That's so cool the author commented on your review! I love your blog theme by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I have to read splintered but I still have to order it. You are goin to absolutely love this one, really it is awesomeness in a book form. Yes the author is really nice and he interacts with the readers a lot through facebook mostly.

      Thank you so much! It means a lot, I spent a lot of time deciding on what to do with my blog theme.

      If you need anything let me know!

      Delete