Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading and it asks you to muse about one question each week.
- Describe one of your reading habits.
- Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
- What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
- Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
- Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
- Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s)
I have been buying book like crazy recently mostly because we had our annual book fair and I could not help myself, though I'm only sharing the most recent books I've gotten. They are:
- The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet by Reif Larsen - I honestly didn't put much thought when I bought this. I read the backcover and that was it. It just felt right.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - I have been meaning to get my hands on this book since I found out about the movie (I haven't seen it yet, though).
- Monument 14: Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne - Immediately after finishing the first book (review coming soon) I knew I had to had the next one.
- Spiderwick Chronicles:The Completely Fantastical Edition by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black - This book came as a suprise for me. I just found a facebook picture of it, thought it was a beautiful edition and went to read about the books. As it turns out it's my type of book.