Review - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone



Title: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Author: J.K. Rowling
Series: Harry Potter
Book #: 1
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens
Publication Date (this edition): September 1st 2014

My Rating:



When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he’s the last to know.

His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord’s curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived.

Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts, a wizarding school brimming with ghosts and enchantments, Harry stumbles upon a sinister mystery when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers which could be valuable, dangerous – or both. An incredible adventure is about to begin!




My Thoughts



First things first (I'm the realest - sorry couldn't help it), yes I have heard of Harry Potter before, I just haven't read them yet because when I was younger I wasn't all that much into reading and as I got older I realised that I did indeed wanted to read this series but I want it in it's native language.

But on with the review. I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I must admit it took me a while to get into the groove but once I got it (around half way through the book when all the action starts happening) it was hard to put it down.

I really don't know what to say about Harry Potter himself... He annoyed me a little at points but also did Hermione and then I loved them both so yeah... Ron was always loveable to me but Neville... I wanted to slap him and tell him to get his shit together for some reason.

The plot was really nice aswell. As I said it took me a while to get into it but once I got it, I really got it. And lord help me I actually like Voldemort ahah I really want to know what else he ends up doing (I refused to see most of the films, the latest ones at least, since I haven't read the books so I'm in the blind here).

I won't do a binge read for this series because I know it will end up in a reading slump - not the books' fault but mine -  and I have a lot I wanna read this year so I'm gonna try to spread it through out the year. I will keep reviewing them even though everyone else on the planet seems to have done it by now ahah.



No comments