Review - Amulet Vol.2: The Stonekeeper's Curse



Title: Amulet Vol.2: The Stonekeeper's Curse
Author: Kazu Kibuishi
Series: Amulet
Book#: 2
Publisher: Graphix
Release Date: December 17th 2013 (this edition)

My Rating:



Graphic novel star Kazu Kibuishi returns with his mysterious world full of new allies . . . and old enemies!

 Emily and Navin's mother is still in a coma from the arachnopod's poison, and there's only one place to find help: Kanalis, the bustling, beautiful city of waterfalls. But when Em, her brother, and Miskit and the rest of the robotic crew aboard the walking house reach the city, they quickly realize that seeking help is looking for trouble, dangerous trouble.




My Thoughts




An amazing sequel to one of my favorite graphic novels!

I enjoyed this one way better than the first one and let me tell you that I really liked the first book. This one was way more action packed than the first book in this series and the storyline was way more interesting.

I really enjoyed getting to know the new character Leon. He is admirable and strong and this makes a perfect addition to the team.

Something else I really enjoyed was the elves. In the first book you don't get the impression that they will be a great threat but they do become that in this book.

Em still is a very strong character and it was nice to discover that the amulet can also be a tool for evil and she must fight it. So not only she has to worry about the elves she also needs to keep herself safe from the stone.

I cannot wait for the 3rd installment on this series.

No comments