Review - Monument 14: Savage Drift



Title: Monument 14: Savage Drift
Author: Emmy Laybourne
Series: Monument 14
Book #: 3
Publisher:  Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date: May 6th 2014

My Rating: 



It's over.

Dean, Alex, and the other survivors of the Monument 14 have escaped the disaster zone and made it to the safety of a Canadian refugee camp. Some of the kids have been reunited with their families, and everyone is making tentative plans for the future. And then, Niko learns that his lost love, Josie, has survived!
Or is it?

For Josie, separated from the group and presumed dead, life has gone from bad to worse. Trapped in a terrible prison camp with other exposed O’s and traumatized by her experiences, she has given up all hope of rescue. Meanwhile, scared by the government’s unusual interest in her pregnancy, Astrid—along with her two protectors, Dean and Jake—joins Niko on his desperate quest to be reunited with Josie.

In Monument 14: Savage Drift, the stunningly fierce conclusion to the Monument 14 trilogy, author Emmy Laybourne ups the stakes even higher for a group of kids who have continually survived the unthinkable. Can they do so one last time?



My Thoughts




I love this trilogy so much that I was dreading having to finish it hut I'm super glad I did.

This book was amazing in so many levels. The plot was wonderful, the character development was amazing... Gosh, I don't even know what to say.

Dean was incredibly sweet in this installment but I didn't expect anything else from him. The way he took care of the people he cared about especially Astrid, just made my heart melt like butter. On the other hand Astrid was quite annoying at times always pushing dean away and not telling him how she felt about him. I still liked her though.

Josie... Poor, sweet and strong Josie. I was amazed by her! She was so badass here, she took care of Mario and some other kids even though she didn't have to.

The writing in this book was really good too, easy to understand, there was character development and the scenarios were well described and explored in my opinion.

All in all I absolutely loved it and I can't wait to see the movie!!

2 comments

  1. I've been wanting to continue this series for some time. I'm glad to see it has four stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on and read it you will like it :)

      Delete