Review: Teen Frankenstein








    Title: Teen Frankenstein
    Author: Chandler Baker
    Series: High School Horror Story
    Book #: 1
    Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
 
    My Rating: 
        

High school meets classic horror in this groundbreaking new series.

It was a dark and stormy night when Tor Frankenstein accidentally hit someone with her car. And killed him. But all is not lost--Tor, being the scientific genius she is, brings him back to life...

Thus begins a twisty, turn-y take on a familiar tale, set in the town of Hollow Pines, Texas, where high school is truly horrifying.



My Thoughts


Well... what a disappointment!

The only reason this book has a 3 star rating from me is the fact that the plot for it was promising and, for the most part, interesting during the first half of the book.
It kept me interested and I genuinely wanted to know where the author was going with it.
This being said, the second part of the book was disappointing.

What was suposed to be the mystery was so obvious that I didn't even flinch when it was finally solved. Everything was predictable besides the truth about Adam. And even that mystery wasn't really satysfying.
Now let's talk about that ending... that is not an ending. It is not. I know there will be another book in this series, whether it's a sequel or a companion I'm not sure but either way that doesn't justify that ending.

When it comes to the characters I only really enjoyed two of them: Owen and Adam.
Victoria, or Tor, was basically a borderline sociopath with a very vague sense of what was right or wrong.
She was incredibly manipulative of Owen. Even in the midst of annoying teenagers, her character made me feel very unconfortable.
Owen, besides being easily manipulated, was actually quite entertaining with his bad jokes and sense of not fitting in with the rest of people. He did seem to come on to his senses by the end of the book but that wasn't really convincing. I mean after all the freakish, bad and illegal things they went through he decides to cross the line at something that was probably the most moraly correct thing that Tor ever did.
Adam was sweet. Actually scratch that. He was a robot. A toddler trapped in a teenager's body which fits the story. That's really all that is to say about him.

The writting was actually quite easy to understand and the only thing that bother me were some of the long descriptions.

I'm struggling to give this book a 2.5 stars but I will stick with the 3 star rating.

No comments