Book Blogger Hop: February 17th - 23rd




Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme created by Ramblings of a Coffee Addict Writer where you answer a question and join a hop, where you'll meet new bloggers. Check her blog for more info.

This week's question is:

Can you read and watch TV or listen to the radio at the same time?

My Answer:

Yes I can. I mean I'm not really paying attention to the radio/tv but they can be playing in the background and I won't mind at all. Actually I don't even think I'll notice it at all unless it's blasting a really loud music/sound.

What about you?

12 comments

  1. I can as well! But am I paying full attention to both? Not at all. I usually can't stand silence and always need something playing in the background but I notice that when I'm reading, I don't mind the silence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same and sometimes silence is good too :)

      Delete
  2. I can read and watch TV, but I normally keep my eye on the book more than the TV.

    Have a great weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I try to pay attention to both I'll probably lose track of one or the other.

      Delete
  3. I'm similar - especially if I'm really enjoying my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, it's too distracting. I prefer to read in silence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good way to read too :)

      Delete
  5. I can't deal with a tv or a radio being on while reading a book because I tend to listen in and forget about what I'm reading. Whoops! Weird thing though; I work from home for a marketing company. And while I work, I'm constantly listening to podcasts. And I do just fine with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahah that's so funny. But I think it's because reading demands a special kind of attention from you, like you want to absorb all the info the book gives while with work you're probably so used to doing it that you can do it "with your eyes close" so the podcasts work fine with it.

      Delete
  6. I can easily have the television or radio on in the background and still read--just not pay attention to both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete