Flash Review: The Wide Window


Source: Goodreads

Title: The Wide Window
Author: Lemony Snicket
Series: A Series Of Unfortunate Events
Book #: 3
Publisher: Egmont Books

My Rating:




Dear Reader,

If you have not read anything about the Baudelaire orphans, then before you read even one more sentence, you should know this: Violet, Klaus, and Sunny are kindhearted and quick-witted; but their lives, I am sorry to say, are filled with bad luck and misery. All of the stories about these three children are unhappy and wretched, and this one may be the worst of them all. If you haven't got the stomach for a story that includes a hurricane, a signalling device, hungry leeches, cold cucumber soup, a horrible villain, and a doll named Pretty Penny, then this book will probably fill you with despair. I will continue to record these tragic tales, for that is what I do. You, however, should decide for yourself whether you can possibly endure this miserable story.

With all due respect,

Lemony Snicket



Oh how this book got on my nerves... actually not the book but their freaking aunt Josephine and her freaking phobias and not properly caring about her nephews. I don't think I have ever been so frustrated reading a book, not because it was bad but simply because the characters were awful people.

I absolutely loved the orphans as always, the poor kids always seem to find themselves trapped in some kind of problem but always manage to resolve it. Count Olaf honestly deserves an award because that bitch is so persistent and has a talent to come up with the most idiotic plans to try to get his hand of the Baudelaire's fortune. I don't know if I hate him of admire him ahah

This being said, the plot is getting kind of repetitive and I hope the following instalments in this series are better

Have you read this book? What are your thoughts on it?

2 comments

  1. I've read this series as a kid, but had decided recently (well.. it has been a couple months now) to start from scratch. I've read the first two books so far and I'm missing THIS one in order to continue the series. Got to admit that Olaf has really weird but interesting ways to try and capture the kids' fortune. Definitely curious to find out what he'll do in The Wide Window. I also had to stop watching the Netflix show just to be able to compare book to show (by having read the book first though). I might have to check out those second-hand book stores for The Wide Window. Great review! ;)

    - Lashaan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched the netflix series yet because I want to read them all before I start watching. You should try awesomebooks.com for the second hand editions!

      Thank you so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete